Personal Side Of Betty Jean
- Wife to my best friend Jamie.
- Mother to Katie, Bruno and Joseph, three wonderful and wildly
kind and generous children.
- Raised in Windsor, Ontario, Canada.
- My father died when I was 5 of a brain tumour.
- My stepfather came into my life 3 years later and with that came
a stepsister who is one of the most important people in my life.
- Have 5 other siblings and I am 4th in order.
- Grew up in a neighbourhood full of families with 6-10 kids each.
- Learned to love playing.
- Can play all sports and games but am a master of none.
- Spent every summer working on my Aunt and Uncle’s farm in
- Learned to work really hard in all weather conditions.
- LOVE my family, friends and neighbors.
Professional Side Of Betty Jean
- I am a retired teacher after teaching 34 years.
- I have a Bachelor Degree in Science with a Major in Mathematics.
- I have a Specialist Certification in Special Education, and
- I have a Senior Mathematics Specialist Certificate.
- I taught Special Education, Grade 3, Grade 7 all in Pickering,
- I taught Science to students in Grades 9-12 for 9 years and then
Mathematics till the end of my career.
- I was a Math Coach then. Differentiated Instructor for the
Windsor Essex Catholic School Board for 2 1/2 years but missed the
- I finished my career as the Head of the Mathematics Department.
- I presently tutor Math online for TVOntario grades 8-10.
Passionate Side Of Betty Jean
- I love helping people.
- I get tremendous joy cooking and bringing food to our Windsor
- I loved giving blood but had to stop at 26 donations because of
- I have done two 50 mile walks for cancer.
- I love cooking and eating Italian food.
- I have skied since I was 10 and hopefully will till I’m 100.
- We have a cottage in Northern Michigan which is across from a
ski hill and not far from many lakes.
- We recently bought an 18 ft boat and I’m learning hard to being
a good first mate.
- I love reading and have been a member of a bookclub for 11 years
and we are still going.
- I play golf on Tuesdays with a league starting as soon as the
- My husband loves to be active too so we walk and/ or bike as
much as we can.
- I am interested in shoe repair and have taken 3 classes to learn
- I have a close group of friends that go all the way back to high
school and their kids called us Aunt and Uncle.